Assistance for Texas homeowners is on the way!
The Texas Homeowners Assistance Fund Program (TXHAF) provides financial assistance to qualified Texas homeowners who have fallen behind on their mortgage and related expenses due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
TXHAF is administered by the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) with funding provided by the Homeowner Assistance Fund under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.
TXHAF will provide eligible homeowners with grants to pay past due mortgage payments and property taxes, insurance, and HOA fees.
TXHAF Program Coming Soon
This new program is currently under development and is not yet open to the public for applications.
A limited Pilot Phase is open for applicants who are: customers of the participating loan servicer, HomeLoanServ, or a resident of Hidalgo County, Texas. Please see our Pilot Phase for details.
The full program will launch when TDHCA receives approval on its proposed plan from the U.S. Treasury Department, expected in early 2022.
Once the program launches, Texas homeowners may be eligible for assistance under TXHAF if they meet the following criteria:
- Provides assistance to eligible Texas homeowners with qualified hardships to pay past due mortgage payments, including eligible amounts advanced by a mortgage servicer.
- Maximum assistance of $40,000 per household.
Property Charge Default Program
- Provides assistance to eligible Texas homeowners with qualified hardships to pay past due property taxes, property insurance and HOA or condo association fees.
- Maximum assistance of $25,000 per household.
Application Process – What to Expect When the Full Program Launches
- Homeowners will submit an application through an online portal.
- Resources will be available to assist homeowners with completing applications.
- Payments are sent directly to the mortgage servicer or property charge payee (tax authority, insurance company, or HOA) once the homeowner's application is approved.
Examples of Required Documents
- Identification card, like a driver's license
- Mortgage Statement
- Proof of occupancy, like a utility bill
- Income documentation, like paystubs
For Information, Call Toll-Free:
Monday-Friday • 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. CST